By now, however, I have learned to forgo this most nights, finding solace and recourse in my own thoughts.
The latter, though I say it myself, is no small undertaking. Ask yourself how often you move in the night. I don't mean change location altogether (e.g., to go to the bathroom, though that too): merely how often you shift a hand, a foot; how frequently you scratch assorted body parts before dropping off; how unselfconsciously you alter position very slightly to find the most comfortable one. Imagine for a moment that you had been obliged instead to lie absolutely motionless on your back—by no means the best sleeping position, but the only one I can tolerate—for seven unbroken hours and constrained to come up with ways to render this Calvary tolerable not just for one night but for the rest of your life.
Houthis Claim Attack on Aramco as Yemen Conflict Escalates
-
The Iran-backed militia said it targeted an Aramco site in Saudi Arabia’s
capital, Riyadh, and fresh airstrikes hit the Yemeni capital, raising fears
of a ...
2 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment