Vibrate

I just got a phone upgrade, and aside from the inevitable buyer's remorse that it's not military certified to survive a war zone (which I didn't need), my only other bug is the weak vibrate function. I used my old phone's vibrate exclusively, because it was much more versatile than a ring:
  • When I was lying down and wanted the phone to wake me up, I put it on a hard, rattling surface that would make a lot of noise if anyone called.
  • When I was in class, the sound was automatically muffled by my pocket and leg.
  • When I needed to find it, the buzz was loud enough to be heard a few feet away as I searched.
But now, my feature-laden phone's weak/soft vibrate means I have to choose a real ringtone. Grumph.

And random: Adobe doesn't allow you to combine PDFs unless you buy Acrobat. So now, a bunch of web services do it for free when Adobe could offer the service and get the ad money. There's an economic lesson in there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment