Responses to Ephblog Questions

Which experiences at Williams would you like to take with you, be they educational, interpersonal, community-oriented, etc., so that those parts of your life will be part of your next steps?
Honor Committee. There is no responsibility quite so great as when which eight students control, to some extent, the near future of someone's life - if they have to make up a course, or if they might be suspended. There isn't much outside accountability for Honor Committee - we students receive advice from faculty and the Dean, but ultimately the call is ours. My honor experiences, in making deciding votes in both directions, have made me much more comfortable with less consequential decisions - I can look at a problem, make a good call, and go on with my life much more easily now. Nothing teaches responsibility like responsibility.

Storytime. I've always been a fan, but I think there's something authentic and unique in the trust of that space - hopefully, I can inspire something like it later.

And then there are the countless experiences with difference - people who have different customs or ideas, and navigating our distinctions and similarities.
How might that relate to searching for work and finding what you’d like to do, or a workplace you’d like to be part of?
Hard to say, especially initially. Williams has helped to make me a better person, but I don't feel like I've gained many occupation-specific skills here, which was probably the point.
CS 134 anyone?
Taking it right now and loving it....kinda wish I had gone for this class freshman year; I might (??) have double-majored....

1 comment:

  1. Will--

    Logged 13 billable hours programming yesterday and about 10 today. The result is being demoed to the end client in Singapore right now. CS 134 was the most practically (and financially) valuable course I took at Williams. But the liberal arts probably made me most able to take advantage of it...

    Best wishes in your job search.

    --Ken

    ReplyDelete