Back in Decatur, B.A. in Hand


1000 miles, one hotel, and 4 aunts and uncles later, I'm back in Decatur, in the same room where I laid on the floor for hours, Facebook chatting about Williams with my first Eph friend. She didn't follow the path we were expecting of her during those hot summer nights; I suppose I didn't either, though my WOOLF letter from August '07 was pretty close to home.

And now I become an adult, with my own income, car (once I buy it), and apartment/condo/house (once I find it). Life goes on, but I think I'm ready. I'm so fortunate, though, to have friends from all over the US, in addition to people I met internationally and those from my childhood. I'm thankful for the adults and peers who have shaped my life, directing me to places where I think I was helpful (the Gaudino Board, the Honor Committee, etc) and those who tested me. Ultimately, I am stronger for those experiences. And so now, life begins.

Hopefully, I'll keep this blog a little more regular. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment