Building E-Files

As I prepare to move to Madison, I'm very aware that every pound I bring to the city will likely have to be carried out/up/around the city, and in the interest of limiting my amount of "stuff," I'm trying to put all of my business cards/contacts into one master file.

This is difficult. It turns out that there are a glut of secure services that help us to combine phone, facebook, e-mail, and skype contacts together (while letting you invite you don't have on Skype - apologies to the 150 people that just got little notes about that). But after combining them, one then has to decide how to organize them. Making things more complicated, many of my friends from Williams have different employers that they didn't list on Facebook, making it very difficult to keep track of people.

I keep telling myself that this is a better system than the stuffed-full notebook that lives in our famiy's kitchen drawer, but as the hours drag on, I'm less and less sure of that.

1 comment:

  1. I ended up grouping my contacts by class year, which works remarkably well for me. Good luck with getting everything sorted and the big move to Madison!!

    ReplyDelete