Nearly Two Weeks At Work

Best Perk: Free Milk and Juice in the breakrooms.
Best Building Theme: Dungeons and Dragons.
Strangest name: "Yoda," the name of the underground parking garage (which is mighty useful in Winter)
Biggest Adjustment: Getting up earlier than I have since middle school
Coolest Policy: The Dress Code ("When there are visitors, you must wear clothes.")
Most Anticipated Event: Company Wide Staff Meeting. With all 4300 people.

What I can really tell you, though, is that you can't really understand this place until you see the sleek buildings rising from the Wisconsin fields, and the care that has obviously gone into each building's design. The company's commitment to green building is obvious:
We're committed to environmental stewardship, with a promise to leave a large majority of our property undeveloped. Epic uses sustainable materials, obtaining them from local sources whenever possible. We recycle approximately 65% of our construction waste, and the geothermal system we use to heat and cool our buildings is one of the largest in the country.
yet you have to see the solar panels (and the planned new ones) to get a sense of this company's scope. Epic's culture is one that I can align myself with, just as Williams allowed me to do the same. The difference is that Williams was my life - this is a job, and I'll need outlets and friends outside of it (to go along with the neat work friends I have as well). But so far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment