Commutes

Today I woke up at 3:30 AM, crossed a small mountain range, and flew (with a layover) back to Madison, where I took a taxi across town to my workplace, where I joined the other ~5k employees of my company in our monthly staff meeting. Walking into that large auditorium, it was almost like the previous hours hadn't happened, and I had passed straight from one community to another.

The three homes I have are different - one is heavy on family, another friends, and another my livelihood, but I don't mind occasional commutes like the one I enjoyed today if it allows me to spend time with those I care about.

This is all nonsensical prattle, I'm sure, but the upshot is that I'm happy to work here, but happier still to have loved ones in other places. Here's to seeing more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment