Housing is Wonderful, aka I have a great pick #

Followup to this post from Ephblog.

Housing, for me, has never really been that important. Granted, where I live and who I live with has a huge effect on my life, but it would be folly to say I've given pick groups and such too much mind. I still remember the beginning of sophomore year, when I was approached by several people exploring off-campus housing options, and being utterly amazed that someone would really think in so much detail about something so far in the future.

In any case, my travels through Williams housing have been haphazard. A last-minute pick group freshman year split between Morgan, West, and Brooks. While I ultimately made friends in Morgan (I got the last single in the building), and I'm glad to have been on that hall and in that location, it wasn't ideal.

Likewise last year, with another haphazard pick group that split between sides of Mark Hopkins. Considering I had a worse pick last year than the year before, I think I made out very well in my senior single.

This year, it's much more important, because of all of the amazing housing opportunities seniors get. Many of my friends are going "off-campus" (an ironic name, since most off-campus housing is closer to the center of campus than on-campus housing, but I digress), and I formed another pick group, but one I was really happy with. We made a SMALL group for co-op draw, under the logic that it would increase our chances of being able to get into a partially filled house or suite.

Well, lo and behold, we have pick #2, and now I'm getting lots of very kind e-mails and phone calls ever-so-politely inquiring as to where I might choose to live this coming Wednesday.

To which I say: I have no freaking clue. I have at least 5 houses to visit beforehand, so tomorrow will be busy, but right now, I'm in love with Williams. It's a pity the reason is so arbitrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment